1991 CIM 97 ft Maxi 88 TARONGA
The 97-foot (29.7m) sailing yacht TARONGA is a transoceanic cruiser that boasts well-appointed, comfortable amenities
Designed by the legendary New York-based designers Sparkman and Stephens, TARONGA is number six of only 11 Maxi 88s built between 1989 and 2005 at the CIM shipyard in Rochefort, France — where she was built to Veritas classification. In 2013/2014 TARONGA underwent extensive modifications under the CIM engineers and in 2017, the yacht received an exterior and interior refit rendering her in excellent condition.
The luxury sailing yacht’s handcrafted interior is classic and elegant showcasing a spectacular salon with ample seating and a bar for entertaining and relaxing. TARONGA accommodates six guests in three nicely-appointed staterooms, providing a tranquil private space for guests. Her staterooms include two doubles and a spacious master suite — each is complete with its own en-suite bath. The yacht also has three rooms for its three crewmembers.
Take in the views and feel the wind in your hair as you enjoy luxury sailing yacht TARONGA’s expansive 45-square-meter covered cockpit. Showcasing two large settees, you can dine alfresco as you sail to your next port or just sit back and unwind.
- Kept in great condition by her owner
- Comfortable sailing with good performance
- Luxurious interior that is suitable for family cruising
- Large covered cockpit with functional lounge area
- Hydraulic diving/tender platform
- Very economical using only 16/18 liters of diesel per hour
- Just completed a refit and presents beautifully
- Commercial galley
- Feel free single kayak (three units)
- Waterski (one set)
- Snorkel / Googles/Fins (all sizes)
Provided by Jim Poulsen, Northrop and Johnson